Today was just terrible, in the sense that I couldn't get a positive thought to run through my head!
I'm a very positive person, especially around other people. I love to listen to them and help them better themselves in any way that I can. Unfortunately, I don't get that for myself very often, so today I got on Facebook and asked some friends for some motivational blogs to follow. One of the suggestions came from my friend Camille. She suggested I look at Brooke Castillo, a Life coach. I checked her out and was instantly hooked on what she had to say! I read through her website and some of her worksheet and inside of me I clicked with exactly what she was saying.
So I closed my computer, got out of my chair and walked up to each and every one of The Giving Prints that are hanging on the wall in my office and said out loud what each and everyone means to me!
This simple task got emotional real fast. Below, I'm going to write to you exactly what I said in front of every picture. I didn't plan on it working out this way, but everyone hit me in a heart like never before. To say I started to cry would be an understatement. For some reason, this simple exercise sucker punched me in the heart and by the time I got to the second, third and forth picture, I could barely talk.
Everyone of you have something you connect deeply with. For me, it's God and my Giving Prints, but for you it could be where you live, what you do, how you interact with all of your friends, your faith... whatever it is, I hope you find some inspiration in my little exercise and find a way to do your own thing!
Here we go: I stood in front of each picture and said the following. I'll write the thought above each picture.
1. You sold everything you had and went on an amazing adventure that brought out the very best in your family!
2. It made you stand out as someone that follows their dreams and chases after the impossible!
3. Your light, as small as it bay be, touched so much of the world around you, showing everyone what is possible if you follow your heart.
4. You are so complex and beautiful and you will go through hard times in your life, but there will always be a light shining down on you.
5. And you will be stronger because of everything you experience along this journey!
6. Always remember that you have family and friends that love you so much and they will always be there for you.
7. Storms are a part of life. Never give up in the middle of one, for they make you into the person you are meant to be!
8. Then you will see it all clear, a true reflection of who you really are.
9. This is the moment when you will shine like no other. You will be comfortable with who you are and stand out in a world filled with so much darkness.
9. That's when God reveals to you something amazing, that you least expected.
10. You will find peace in this moment. You will rest in the comfort of what has unfolded before you.
11. And here is the result of all the good and bad in your life. The finished product of everything you have been through and it is an amazing site to behold! If you only knew what God has planned for you, you wouldn't be upset in the moment right now.
Those are the picture I have hanging up in my office. I look at them every day, but I have never used them for inspiration in my own life until today.
Just the mention of my thoughts being what directs my life, made it so clear to me that I have full control over how I react to every situation that comes my way.
I hope you found some inspiration in this post. I pray it moves you to find your own way of motivating yourself. If there is anything I can ever do for you, I would love to hear from you.
Look around you for that inspiration you've been craving for! It's a lot closer to you than you think.
The Giving Print
Amazing things are happening at The Giving Print, Be the first to know about them when you sign up for our email list!